GO PADDLING INFO
If you’ve completed a Start Award and want to learn more, the Discover Award is perfect for you. It’ll help you develop a better understanding of the fundamentals of paddling.
During this award, your instructor will work with you to evolve your decision making and practical skills, giving you confidence on the water.
What is the Discover Award?
The Discover Award allows you to develop your decision making and practical skills for a fun and safe time on the water, as you become a more skilled and independent paddler. Through this award you will learn how to choose and effectively use equipment, whilst developing an understanding of the factors which affect your paddling.
Why should I do the Discover Award?
If you want to develop your skills from your Start Award, or feel like you need to expand your basic paddling knowledge further, this is the award you need. The award covers topics such as:
- Encouraging independent decision making on different bodies of water (moving river, canal, estuary, harbour), covering safety and weather aspects too
- Preparing for self-guided adventures
- Equipment you will need for a variety of paddle trips
- Further developing your canoe, kayak or SUP paddling and rescue skills
Completed your Discover Award session? Great! When you’ve completed your Discover Award there are three options:
- Progress onto the Explore Award.
- Head out paddling on your own… our Paddle Trails are a great way to get started