The decision to join the Sixth Form is an important one that shows a commitment to furthering your educational and personal development. This decision effectively results in the formation of a three-way partnership, with the partners being yourself, your family and the school. This outlines our expectations of you as a student and highlights what we will offer you in return.
We will provide:
- An appropriate programme of courses for you.
- Opportunities for personal, cultural and social development.
- Quality teaching, feedback, support and guidance throughout the Sixth Form, including a programme of careers and higher education advice and counselling.
- Monitoring of your progress, reporting to you and your family on a regular basis.
- Support and encouragement and time to listen to your concerns.
- The appropriate resources, facilities and study time to enable you to fulfil your potential.
- Support in applications for courses or employment after your time at Wrenn.
We take the view that parents have a crucial role to play in gaining success for their sons and daughters. We want you to be involved and we want you to feel you can contact us if they have a problem. We promise to keep you regularly informed about your child’s progress and about the developments at Wrenn School Sixth Form. In particular we offer you:
- 3 progress reports through the academic year
- An opportunity to meet your child’s subject teachers in February for Parents’ Evenings. These meetings will give you up-to-date information on your child’s development in each subject as well as details on how they can improve further.
- A “Briefing Evening” in September for parents of Year 12 students. On this evening we outline more fully our expectations of students.
- A UCAS evening to help new Year 13 students and parents know the UCAS process and all it entails.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Head of Sixth Form, Natasha Thomas-Francis via email: email@example.com